So a few days ago I launched a new feature where you can ask me any fashion, style and trend related questions. So today i'll be answering the question:
Q- What colours look best with Burgundy in an outfit ?
A- Burgundy is perfect rich dramatic colour that will cast its cloak over High Street shops this Autumn/Winter. Seen all over the catwalks from designers such as Celine, Mulberry, Prada, Sportmax & Vivienne Westwood for this upcoming colder season. You can add more drama and intensity by looking at what fabrics you buy, so try taffeta type garments, silk, wool, velvet or denim for options. It is perfect for all skin colours, even my paler than pale complexion. But what can you wear with Burgundy ?
- Go for high shine metallic's for a luxe finish, try brocade, sequin, paisleys and embellishments,
- Grey gives a wonderfully casual look to the burgundy shade,
- Chocolate brown carries on the 'rich' feel, and although it might seen like it doesn't work - you will look good enough to eat,
- Olive green will create a nice tonal colour palette and is less harsh that bright greens,
- Lift the shade with oranges and rusts,
- Mix with shades of blue denim for a casual look, but try to avoid black as it can dull down the burgundy shade,
- Keep it feminine with silk shirts in rose shades if you are going purple on your legs ,
- Instead of white , try ivory and egg shell shades that will bring out the intensity of the colour,
- Sometimes you don't need to go for a totally contrasting colours, The biggest trend to come from the designers was tonal shades or top to toe burgundy. Here's a little AW inspiration for tonal dressing straight from the catwalks:
Do you have a question for me ?
Ask me now here, and i'll post the answer next Friday !